top of page

Natural Worming


All humans have parasites. There are about 3,200 varieties of parasites. We might not think we do, but science has proven we do. All living things carry at least one parasite, but humans carry a whole lot more. These small organisms live off us. Yes we are their host. They do nothing good for us, only harm! You will find all the same worms dogs have, we also have. Parasites may enter via the mouth, the skin and the bottom of the feet. They may be found in contaminated soil, vegetables, meat, watercress, feces and the worm eggs may become airborne. The eggs or larvae are often ingested in partially and uncooked foods.

As DE moves through the stomach and digestive tract, it attracts and absorbs bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals. These toxins are trapped and passed out of the body. In addition, any larger parasites that happen to be in the stomach of digestive tract are “cut up” and killed by the sharp edges of the DE. All of these activities result in a much healthier body with less sickness.

Diatomaceous Earth is very hard. On the hardness scale where diamonds are a 9, DE is a 7. This is very important, because as those millions of tiny hard and sharp DE cylinders pass through the small and large intestines, they “scrub” the walls. After only a few months of taking DE, the intestine wall is no longer coated with mucus and molds but CLEAN!! A small amount of Diatomaceous Earth gets absorbed into the blood stream as silica. One of the benefits of Silica is that it helps to destroy bad fats. Everyone that we know that is taking DE has lowered their cholesterol by 40-50 points. Everyone is also amazed at how their high blood pressure goes down.

Food grade DE eliminates roundworms, whipworms, pinworms, and hookworms within 7 days of being fed daily. Studies that advise this are elsewhere throughout the internet. We suggest feeding DE for 30 days for roundworms, whipworms, or hookworms, due to their life cycle and needing to catch any hatching eggs, as DE does not kill eggs. Lungworms take at least 90 days of daily feeding of DE.

BUT MY PET TESTED NEGATIVE FOR WORMS I am not sure which is worse – chemical wormers that aren’t effective OR the fact that fecal tests that indicate whether or not people or animals have worms are only 20 to 25% accurate!! If your doctor said, here, take this chemical/poison wormer you give to your pet, would YOU take it?? If not, WHY on earth would you give it to your beloved companions??

Thankfully, natural DE is not a “poison”, but a natural method of eliminating parasites by dehydrating them. Since parasites are a major cause of disease in everyone – human, plants, and animals. There are also the other great health benefits of feeding natural DE such as strengthening the immune system, detoxification of heavy metals, provides 15 minerals, and eliminates any worms you and they may have.

When recent traditional worming methods cause disease, chemical (aka poison) wormers must be detoxified from the system as the flood of dying parasites emit toxins, such as viruses, bacteria, ammonia, plus the poison in the wormer can harm and even kill the animal, especially those with compromised immune systems due to illness.


Puppies less than 10 lbs. – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Puppies 10 to 19 lbs. – 2 teaspoons Dogs 20 to 50 lbs. – 1 to 1.5 tablespoons Dogs 50+ lbs. – 2 tablespoons

*Humans – 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons daily (1 tbsp. AM, 1 tbsp. PM)

For puppies and kittens who are eating on their own, it is really easy to feed them food grade diatomaceous earth by mixing the DE in a small amount of raw goats milk (or whatever milk you prefer), yogurt, or cottage cheese. I personally prefer yogurt since you don’t chew it. I mix it in to little buffalo meat balls for my boys and girls. Just remember, DE has to come in contact with the worm/parasite/bug to kill it within 24 to 72 hours. Once you start worming with DE, do NOT stop the daily DE for at least 3 weeks. IF you start one day and forget for 3 days, the infestation and dead dying worms which emit bacteria, toxins, ammonia, etc. can cause toxic overload, which can make animals or people sicker.

Feeding DE to young pets – kittens, puppies, birds, goats, etc. as soon as they start eating on their own has shown to help prevent stool eating, dirt eating, rock eating, coccidia and giardia. There is no easier way to assure all of your health. Be sure to include your research on Animal Vaccines and consider introducing less of these toxins into the body. Do a titers check before you over vaccinate. 3 vaccinations are two too many in most cases.

The health benefits of DE are far too many for me to list here. The list is simply jaw dropping, you can see for yourself here:

August 6th, 2010 | Tags: WORMING WITH FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH | Category: Vaccines | Subscribe to comments | Leave a comment | Trackback URL

9 Responses to “Worming With Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth”

  1. 1

smith: December 13th, 2010 at 7:15 pm

The human parasites are one big problem in this days I like very much this article, but i found

someting more interesting here. what is diatomaceous

  1. 2

james: June 4th, 2011 at 12:59 am

Just like to add that there are a few different types of DE,here in uk you can get the brown or white.The brown is more gritty and the white alot finer.I have tried both types for curing worms and parasites the white DE did not help after switching to brown within 1 day worm eggs were expelled.Both types are food grade 100%.This would probably explain why some people say it doesn’t work.

  1. 3

james: June 4th, 2011 at 1:09 am

One more thing while using DE I like to feed twice a day.One meal with DE and one without.I not sure I’m right about this but I have feeling it might absorb to much of the goodness out of the food so twice a day will insure they still get all the nourishment they need.

  1. 4

O.L.Love: March 15th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I will be 72 yrs old this year. I have been a nutrtional nut for 50 years minimum. I am very healthy. Have tried most everything. Diagnosed with arthirtsis many years ago. I have suffered with increasing pain in my body each additional year. Have tried many vitamins, different diets, foods pain killers, gimmicks…you name it and I have probably tried it. A friend of mine told me about DE and how her body responded to it, read the positive testimonials, decided to try it. Within two days the pain begin to leave my body, It has been five days since I started taking it. And I cannot believe how good I feel. THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!!!!!

  1. 5

wldorchidnv: May 19th, 2013 at 10:32 am

You definitely want to try maximum doses of Ester C! NOT vitamin C, but Ester C which absorbs into your system immediately. Everybody is different so to find you maximum dosage start increasing until you get loose stools and then back off a little bit. You will notice HUGE improvements in lack of pain almost immediately. Of course this is also the case with dogs. If you have an injured dog, older dog or a dog with joint problems its almost a cure. It supports tissue growth. So also great for women or female dogs that are trying to conceive and have weak placentas. I’ve had girls with placentas so thin they just fell apart, no idea how they carried a puppy to term. After going on Ester C I have never had that problem with any of my girls again.

  1. 6

Joe Newman(UK): August 29th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

wldorchidnv – I love ester-C but don’t waste it on your dog!

The reason I say this is FYI dogs(like most mammals) produce produce vitamin C in their bodies unlike humans so really really not needed for dogs.

  1. 7

Sally Hale: September 5th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Where can I get DE?

  1. 8

wldorchidnv: December 16th, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Just google “food grade DE” it is pretty common. Source and more info on using it:

  1. 9

wldorchidnv: December 16th, 2013 at 8:22 pm

People that read this blog actually care about their dogs. We don’t consider their health a “WASTE”. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I have worked miracles with Ester C. I had dogs with too thin of placentas that could have ruptured at any time killing the Dam and the pups. I fixed the problem with Ester C. I have had two dogs now hurt themselves playing and one couldn’t even stand on her hind legs. I did cold laser therapy on them and max doses of Ester C for two days and they were up and running around. There is a doctor who has been giving Ester C intravenously after surgeries and has discovered that it cuts the healing time and pain in half after surgeries. They have done a huge study on hip dysplastic dogs that couldn’t even stand and they were up and running around and even hunting again. ALL dogs need it. Especially when they are growing because it promotes tissue health so even if you WOULD have had a dog with bad hips it makes the tissue strong around the joint to support it so you don’t have a problem. Same with old dogs. It takes away the pain by doing this also. Does the same thing for people. I can go on and on, they OBVIOUSLY do NOT produce vitamin C enough for good health.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page